The first of three large Georgian storehouses to be built during the Dockyard expansion from 1760 and previously known as Present Use Store. Storehouse 11 served as a template for the two later storehouses, Numbers 9 and 10, although the internal fittings in Storehouse 11 were of a higher quality.

From 1988 to 1991, with support from English Heritage, we completed a full external refurbishment, including a new lead and slate roof. In 1992, the first floor was converted into the Royal Naval Museum’s library, preserving the building’s original purpose while modernizing its use.

In 1997-1998, working with the Royal Naval Museum, we further refurbished Storehouse 11, adding gallery space on the ground floor for the Victory Gallery to focus on the Nelsonian Navy’s story. The upper floors became new offices for museum staff. We contributed financially to structural repairs and collaborated closely to ensure a respectful approach to the conversion.