19 College Road

Return to our buildings

19 College Road was built in 1908 to accommodate the Superintendent of Police overseeing the increased workforce due to rearmament and the construction of Dreadnoughts.

The three-storey red brick building is a notable example of Edwardian domestic architecture and features large windows characteristic of the era. An interconnecting door to the Porter’s Lodge through the Superintendent’s scullery demonstrates its integration into the dockyard’s operational infrastructure.

The size and character of the building as a whole reflect the importance of its resident – a key figure responsible for dockyard security.

The building is now in use as our Head Office!